On March 26, 2015, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) published a final rule for the Housing Trust Fund (HTF). In it, they prohibited Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac from passing the costs associated with their contributions to the HTF to the originators of loans they purchase or securitize. They also finalized the program’s interim rule without change.
The HTF was established under the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 (HERA) to provide grants to state governments to increase and preserve the supply of rental housing and homeownership opportunities for extremely low and very low income households. HUD plans to open its rules for public comments once the states gain experience administering the program.
- The HTF final rule, click on HTF Final Rule.
- The HTF interim rule, click on HTF Interim Rule.
- The chart comparing HOME requirements to those for the HTF, click on HOME vs HTF Chart.
- The summary of the Interim Rule, click on SUMMARY.
- The December 2015 FAQs on the HTF, click on HTF-FAQs Dec 2015.
- The HUD Secretary’s video overview of the HTF, click on OVERVIEW.
- You can easily download the 2017 income limits and maximum rents for the HTF program for your state, and for all states at INCOME LIMITS and MAXIMUM RENTS.
- CPD Notice 16-14 on the HTF environmental review requirements at Environment.
Email Liz @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Liz on Twitter.
Connect with Liz on Linked In.
Check out the free training available on our You Tube Channel.
Keep current on the affordable housing industry by registering for our Newsletter and following Liz’s Blog.
Go to our Training Center to review the opportunities we offer for you to learn about affordable housing.