On July 24, 2013, HUD issued the new final rule for the HOME program. This represented the first major update to the HOME program in 17 years. It included changes impacting all components of the program, including basic program administration. On this page, we focus on information regarding changes that impact rental housing development, rental housing compliance, and community housing development organizations (CHDOs).
- The HOME final rule, click on 2013 HOME FINAL RULE.
- Highlights of changes to the rinal Rule, click on HIGHLIGHTS OF CHANGES.
- Information on when to implement various changes, click on HOME APPLICABILITY CHARTS.
- HUD’s most recent HOME FAQs, click on HOME FAQS.
Regarding CHDOs, to download:
- Information on CHDO roles in the final rule rule, click on CHDO ROLES.
- The CHDO Toolbox for HOME, download TOOLBOX.
- Information on assessing CHDO capacity, click on CHDO CAPACITY.
Check out our July 2017 HOME Webinar.
Check out the free training available on our You Tube Channel.
Email Liz or call (800) 784 – 1009.
Stay current on the affordable housing industry by registering for our Newsletter and following Liz’s Blog.